Saturday, March 22, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday - Newsong


I have had a hard time deciding what song I wanted to write about this weekend. There are so many good songs that speak to me that I want to share! After much deliberation, and since it is Easter, I've decided to go with You Can't Keep a Good Man Down by Newsong. You gotta love any song that has "Na Nas" in it.




It still amazes me that He left his home and the angels in Heaven to come to earth to save someone like me. 

He is still teaching us how to love. There is still healing in His hands. 

It's more than just a story. It's a leap of faith.

As Newsong says, I can tell you He's alive because He lives in me, but the rest is up to you. 

The choice is yours. 

If you make the choice, no one or no thing will be able to keep you down either because the same power that raised Him from the grave is available to you.

I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.        Ephesians 1:18-20





17 comments:

Melanie said...

Hello, Amy!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier this week.

I love the story you posted earlier this week about the Ship and the Shark. And, I think it's even greater that it was your son that came up with this -- wow!

I'll be joining in on "Then Sings My Soul" next weekend. I even know already the song I'm going to post. I thought I might join in tomorrow, but we just returned from a family vacation this afternoon and I'm beat -- I'm just browing thru a few blogs before heading off to bed this evening. And, tomorrow is filled with unpacking, laundry... you know, all the "fun" things that come after that great vacation time. :)

I'll be back by soon! I'm really enjoying your posts.

Happy Easter!

Kelley said...

Oh, I hope it isn't cheating to post the night before. It just gets so crazy in the mornings around here that I figured this would be easier.

~~Kelley

elizabeth embracing life said...

Amy, I have never heard this song. I love it. I mean it brought tears to my eyes. I just put your logo onto my blog, as I really love this idea. My kids are always bringing all the new and cool music to me. With one away at school and one almost out the door I am on my own for a while. Thanks!

Tonya said...

Oh, Amy, I LOVE this song! Thanks so much for sharing it.

HAPPY EASTER!

PS.. I LOVE how your son is already demonstrating his faith in CHRIST. Those kids are something sometimes huh?

Shari said...

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. (Yes I grew up in the 80's.) This is just what I needed to hear tonight. It got my feet tapping and it got me rejoicing in the Resurrection. I can't wait to view the rest of the music videos for today.

Bunny McCoy said...

Thanks for hosting this. What a great way to celebrate Holy Week and every week!

Michele

Christina said...

Thanks for adding me to Mr. Linky. I love Newsong too. Great video. I can't wait to check out all the songs everyone has put up. I think for people like me who love praise and worship this is a really neat way to share our faith.

Unknown said...

I love that song! Makes me want to shout!
Isn't it amazing?! That he would die for me? I feel it more keenly now that I have a child. I couldn't give up my child for someone else, especially if they had done nothing to deserve it. How did He do that? Wow, the love.
(I came via Jenny @ Standing at the Waters Edge.)

Cheri said...

Love this song! Makes you want to dance a little jig!!

Happy Easter!

Carol said...

No, you can't keep a good man down! That was awesome!

God's girl said...

I do so love that song too! How appropriate for the Season!
Much love,
Angela

Lana G! said...

I ran across your Then Sings My Soul Saturday button on a couple of blogs I visited and just love your idea!

Praise God that He left his home to save us!

Blessings on you and your family this Resurrection Sunday!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I love the song you posted. Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter Weekend!

Jenileigh said...

I really enjoyed this. Thank-you and Happy Easter to you and your family!

Ceci G. said...

Another oldie but goodie! Sometimes I can tell my age is showing by the songs we choose! LOL

Have a blessed Easter with your family!

Michelle said...

I love this song, and it's perfect for Easter. Thank you for reminding me that the same power that raised Him from the grave is in me. I needed that. Happy Easter!

Kimberly said...

Hallelujah!!!!!