Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mathetes Award


I have been neglectful. I was reading through some old posts and realized my friend Stephanie at Notes from the Soul had awarded me with the Mathetes Award back in October of last year... and I never passed in on. Now in my defense, I was fairly new to blogging at the time, and didn't totally "get" the whole award thing; and she also gave it to me right before I left to go to the Glorietta Christian Writers Conference, so things were just a little hectic.


To correct my over site I would like to talk a little about this award and pass it on now. Better late than never :)


The Mathetes Award was originated at Management by God by Dan King. Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. Dan created this award to recognize those acting as a disciple of Christ in their blogging. When you receive the award, you are asked to pass it along to at least five other bloggers who you feel are fulfilling this role and then to link back to Management by God.


I would like to pass this on to:

Melissa at Mel's World... I love her insight.

Kimberly at A Planting of the Lord... a new friend who sloshes out Christ when she writes.

Cheri at Pass the Salt, Please... a real life friend who has moved away :(

Elizabeth at Embracing Life... someone I have just met in the blogging world but who I am excited to read more from.

Janet at Living Oak Ministries... a real life friend who truly disciples me.
Beloved MaMa... another new friend in the blogging world.

and Sue at Praise and Coffee... She always challenges me and gets me to thinking.

Ladies... Please pass on this award and link back to Dan.
You guys truly bless me.

This is the prayer Dan prayed for the bloggers who receive this award on his post and I couldn't have said it better myself.
Lord,
I pray a blessing over the bloggers that receive this award, and ask that the Holy Spirit use them mightily as they share the Word of God with the world around them. May all of their efforts be fruitful, and their words carry the anointing of the Spirit of God. In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amy :0)
It might take me a bit...but I will pass it along...you have blessed me today :0)

Cheri said...

Thank you so much for this award Amy. I am so happy that you think my blog is worthy!
I will definetly pass this along as I find the 5 blogs the touch my heart.

All the glory goes to God!

Praise and Coffee said...

Amy, thank you so much! I am so blessed that you thought of me for this award.
I appreciate it! Your kind words encourage me.

Congrats to you also.

Blessings,
Sue

Janet Roller said...

Thanks Amy! At first glance I thought it said "Math-lete" - like someone good at Math. I started to panic at the thought of a possible test! Then I looked again. Lesson for today: Look twice, don't panic.:) You're sweet to think of me.
-Janet

Celly B said...

Amy,
I know some of these blogs and heartily concur! I'm looking forward to exploring the others!

Yes, I did get the info. from women's ministry at Edwards Road Baptist Church. I've downloaded the booklet and will share it at our next meeting. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kimberly said...

Oh, Amy! Thank you so much! I never knew I "sloshed". :) I am truly blessed you thought of me with all of these other wonderful women!
I feel all smiley! :)

Carol said...

I'm so cracking up at Janet's comment.

Lakeville Vertical said...

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:6-7

One of my favorites. Found you through Beloved Mama and have read about your dear Spencer. I have a friend whose neice and nephew suffered from seizures and it's relentless at times. Know that I am praying for you and your sweetie.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh Wow, thanks new friend!!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Humbled, honored, and completely blown away. I totally and completely love that God has gifted so many amazing people to get out there and spread His Good News.

You are a light in the dark work my friend, you really deserve this and I am blessed to share this award with so many deserving people!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

thank you again for this...I'm finally posting it to my sidebar and passing it along :o)