Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bragging on my Baby/More Epilepsy Info.

Just wanted to let you guys know about a few more great resources for people with epilepsy and their caretakers.

One is the Epilepsy Advocate Website which has tons of helpful information... and it has Spencer on there saying "Welcome to the Epilepsy Advocate Community on the World Wide Web." It is really funny so you should click on him and see. You also get to hear my extremely southern accent. You can read more about our story as well as other inpiring people's stories.

The other resource is the Epilepsy Advocate Magazine. I have been serving on the Editorial Board and it has been tons of fun. It also featured my handsome boy on the cover a while back. He has also been in an ad for the magazine in his Tae Kwon Do outfit. Isn't he just adorable... even if Ido say so myself :)

We are busy preparing to leave for the National Epilepsy Walk in Washington DC this weekend. I will try to post if I can. Pray for us as we travel and take part in this great event. If you would still like to contribute to the walk, click on the button on my sidebar.
Sweet Blessings to you,
Amy

10 comments:

Jenifer said...

Amy, Spencer is adorable. I was wondering if there is a button or something I can add to my site about supporting epilepsy or getting more info on it. I would like to do this since I have family members with epilepsy. I want to support in any way that I can and help make others more aware.

I'll be praying for all of you this weekend.

Many blessings,
Jenifer

God's girl said...

He is so adorable! I am so glad you are so involved and sharing awareness with others out there. That is so important.

Are you going to She Speaks this year? I am. If you are we will have to meet in person! I went last year and loved it.
Much love,
ANg

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Spencer is so cute! I talked about ya'll this past week. I will pray for safe travels, fun walk and LOTS of money raised!!!!!

Kimberly said...

Thanks for the link! How precious is he! And I loved hearing your southern accent! I'm a southern gal myself!
Praying for you guys and for the walk!
Lots of love,
K :)

Christina said...

Thank you so much. I will be forwarding this info. to my sister and telling her about your blog. Like I said my niece is 5 and has epilepsy. She has had a few seizures over the years but seems to be doing fine for now, she takes a medication that has worked well for her. Thanks for the recourses.

Carol said...

I'll be praying for you! Spencer is, of course, adorable!

Chaotic Joy said...

Hey Amy! I popped on to see how your family is doing. I love these pictures of Spencer and I took the time to watch your interview. What a wonderful, articulate, advocate you are for you son. He is lucky to have you.

Susan said...

Hi Amy,

I think it's so neat all you are doing to promote awareness for Epilepsy. You are using all you have endured to help others out.

My mission is to get info out on Childhood Cancer.

I think I told you my husband was dx with epilepsy when he was around 5 and had his last seizure when he was 25. He's off all meds now and doing great. My first born had febrile seizures until his 5th birthday.

There is HOPE.

Blessings to you my friend♥

Shari said...

Spencer must think you two are famous now. I heard you on the front page of the website. But, I can't get your video to work. I'll keep trying. Hope you enjoy your weekend in DC. Maybe the Cherry Blossom trees will be in bloom.

elizabeth embracing life said...

Oh what a darling cover shot. You can have braggy moments anytime. That is what we call them in our home "braggy moments".