Monday, March 31, 2008

Greetings from Our Nation's Capital


Just wanted to stop in to say we are still in Washington DC having a wonderful time, even though the weather is not cooperating. It is cold and rainy here today. We had to buy an umbrella! And... we didn't bring enough warm clothes. I think I will end up buying a sweatshirt tomorrow just to keep warm.

Today we visited the Library of Congress. I didn't realize how beautiful it is. I will post some pictures I took when I return. I did take this one picture of Greg and the kids with my phone.



We also visited the National Air and Space Museum and the International Spy Museum. The kids had a blast at both! Especially at the Spy Museum. It was a little pricey... but worth it. We wanted to visit the National Museum of American History but it is closed until the fall. We did see the Treasures of American History Exhibit at the Air and Space Museum. Mary Lyndsey was excited about Dorothy's red ruby slippers and Spencer liked R2D2 and C3PO.
Yesterday we visited the National Museum of Natural History. Mary Lyndsey enjoyed the new butterfly exhibit. We had butterflies landing on us and took some incredible pictures. We enjoyed many of the exhibits but we had to stop every few minutes to answer questions about evolution and the Big Bang. We had to keep telling the kids... "this is not what we believe... God created everything." Of course Spencer had a 1000 questions. We saw the Hope Diamond and the dinosaur bones.

Tonight we are going to eat dinner at the ESPN Zone. I'm sure Spencer will love this because there are tons of video games! Tomorrow we visit the White House and take a four hour tour of all of the monuments.
I will try to post again before returning... but it is kind of crazy here :) We are busy seeing all the sights and riding up and down the elevators :)
Hope you guys are having a great week!


10 comments:

Cheri said...

Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time. Glad to hear from you.

I think you are awesome! Just wanted you to know that! :)

Jenny said...

That is where we are thinking of going in the near future. Have a good time!
Jen

Carol said...

Sounds like so much fun. I'm missing you here!!

Kimberly said...

I have not been to Washington since I was in middle school!
Sounds like you are all having such a great time and making such fun memories!
Thanks for keeping us "posted." :)

ocean mommy said...

Sounds wonderful! I love DC.

Christie Todd said...

I would really appreciate your input on what your top 10 fears are. I am seeking info for a book I am writing on overcoming fear.
Thank you
Christie Todd

Anonymous said...

that is so cool!!! what a neat memory you are creating with your family :o)

DeAnna said...

Boy, it sounds like you are having a blast and, learning alittle about our history along the way. I can't wait to hear all about the trip.

Christina said...

Wow this sounds like an awesome trip. My dad has been to the ESPN bar in NY, he says it's fantastic. Great to hear you are all having a great time.

mama2dibs said...

I tagged you for a meme. I thought I would like to get to know you a little bit better. Come on over and check it out and we'll get to know each other.