Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am a Friend of God

Friends... I have to tell you I have just returned a little while ago from the Spring Musical Program at my daughter's preschool. Of course everyone thinks their own child is wonderful, but I have to say that mine was pretty adorable up there on that stage :0)

The program was great with the children singing lots of cute songs... but the part that got me most was the last song. The children sang "I am a friend of God" and they raised their hands on the part of the song where it slows down and says "God Almighty, Lord of Glory, You have called me friend."

Seeing my precious little girl up on that stage praising Jesus was almost more than this mama's heart could stand. The tears were flowing.

I would have included a video of her actually singing... but my video camera battery was dead when I got there, even though I had charged it so I am really bumbed. Maybe I can get some pictures up once I get them downloaded.

Since I don't have the video of her, enjoy this one of the music instead.

12 comments:

Melissa in Mel's World said...

I am SO with you on that one Amy. When I used to go to chapel (elementary school) with the kids and they would sing "SHOUT TO THE LORD" I would lose it EVERY time.

What a blessing it is to see our kids praising our King!

Melissa

elizabeth embracing life said...

I love that song, and thinking of your precious preschooler worhsipping is priceless. When my older two were 10 & 12 I took them to a DCTalk concert. I watched as they enjoyed the music and then when a slow and powerful song came on there was my daughter hands raised and tears coming down her cheeks...I thought..she truly get's the power praise...as does your little one.

God's girl said...

OH that must have been so very precious. I just love to see children praising God.
Much love,
Angela

Kimberly said...

This is one of my girls' very favorite songs! Oh, what a blessing it is to see our children worship. If it touches us, just imagine how the Lord feels when they praise Him!!! :)

Carol said...

And she was so cute in the I am a Friend of God t-shirt, too!

Renee said...

beautiful music video! Thanks for sharing it!

Ceci G. said...

I had a similar experience several years back during a midweek service. We were singing "Here I am to Worship" in a large congregation, and the worship leader instructed us at the bridge "I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross" to let just the children sing. I immediately began bawling hearing the childlike voices sing those words.

You know, I wish our kids were a bigger part of worship every week....

Michelle said...

Precious! I love that song, too.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Love, love, love this song! I am sure she was soo cute!
God was proud too!

Celly B said...

What a precious song for preschoolers to sing! I am sure that your daughter was adorable!

Speaking of music, I'm looking forward to Then Sings My Soul Saturday!

Cheri said...

I can see why you were overwhelmed to tears. What a precious sight that must have been. He is glorious!!

ocean mommy said...

That is one of my all time favorite songs.....

We've got to see those pictures!!
Future worship leaders standing there...well, maybe not future. They were leading worship today!!