I've been tagged by Ms. Tami at Toy Cars in My Purse for the Six Quirky Things About Me Tag.
I think I might have done this tag once before a while back, but I'm sure there are enough quirky things about me to do it again :-)
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules.
Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment to let them know that they’ve been tagged.
Here are my six quirky things:
1. The covers/blankets have to be straight on the bed in order for me to sleep. If they are tucked too tight or untucked completely and jumbled up, I simply can't sleep until I remake the bed and they are completely straight and loosely tucked in. And I have to have a flat pillow... preferably my flat pillow which travels with me everywhere.
2. I always buy the same brand of items my Grandma buys. This sometimes leads to problems when Greg goes to the grocery store for me and doesn't buy my Grandma's brand but buys his or his mother's brand :-) (Let's face it... sweet tea just isn't the same without Dixie Crystals sugar.) I'm just kidding, I'm actually grateful he goes to the grocery store for me at all, but I have been known to return mayonnaise for Miracle Whip :-)
3. I obsessively make lists and cross off or highlight items once they are accomplished. I love the crossing off part, and sometimes will add things to my list I have already done but forgot to put on the list just so I can cross it off. I know... it's a sickness and there is a medication for it but I choose not to take it because research shows that people who make list are likely to make a higher income. I read that statement somewhere in college and clung to it to defend my list making sickness. I tried to find the research on Google, but alas it wasn't to be found. I did find this article about lists however that I found very interesting.
4. I love the idea of being organized. I buy organization containers and boxes all the time but never find the time to actually put all of the stuff I want to organize into said containers and boxes. (I love The Container Store and could spend hours and lots of money there). I am a big pack rat and have lots of things to put in the containers and one day I will have it all together!
Just not any day soon I'm sure. And now after reading the article mentioned above, I'll probably have an entire box of old "to do list" that I will now keep as some sort of journal... since I don't have time to write in my journal like I would like to. (And I think keeping a journal is very important... I'm even teaching a workshop on it at Glorietta this fall)
5. I can't leave a line blank. I am a line filler inner. If the preacher or teacher of a Bible study I am taking leaves one of the lines blank, it drive me nuts. Again... a sickness I know.
6. I usually don't read one book at a time, but have several going at the same time. And buying books is also a sickness. There are about 17 boxes of books in the garage I can't part with (again with the pack rat) that one day I will have enough bookshelves to put them all on. I will have a personal library in my future home that I have when I make more income. I know it will happen because it's on the list.
(By the way, I felt a compulsion to do this tag because... you got it, it's a list.)
Now I know some of you don't like making list so I'm not going to tag anyone specific, but if you can't resist a good list, then consider yourself tagged.
Have a great day!