Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Fantastic Fourth and other Fun Facts about the Whereabouts of the Wyatts


Well, I know its been several days since I've posted but in my defense, I have been out of town with limited computer access. I've missed reading everyone's blogs this week. 

We are in Greenville visiting grandparents and old friends this week. The kids are also attending Science Camp at Roper Mountain Science Center. Greg is holding down the fort at home.

Spencer and Mary Lyndsey have enjoyed their fun activities at camp so far. Spencer has made flubber, a floating disc and several other experiments. Mary Lyndsey has held a salamander, a millipede, a tree frog, a green snake and touched an alligator. She has also touched a hermit crab, horseshoe crab, manta ray, sting ray and sea urchin. Tomorrow they are looking at butterflies and honeybees.

We have also gotten to catch up with some of our dear friends that we miss so much. Today we went to Chuck E Cheese and Monkey Joes. The kids had a blast. And I got to have great "adult" conversation with my girlfriends.

Spencer has had two seizures this week though, so continue to pray for him.
I spoke at Brookwood Church last night to my sister-in-love's ladies small group. What an incredible group of women. I was so blessed by them. I hope I get to visit them again soon.

We also just returned from a wonderful family trip to The Dillard House for the Fourth of July. I think I gained about 5 pounds this past weekend. We ate so much. The Dillard House is famous for it's country cooking. They have been featured in Southern Living magazine for several years.

We all had a great time. Here are some of the highlights of our trip!

We went gem mining at Sheffield Mines in Franklin, NC. The kids loved getting muddy and finding neat treasures.
We went horseback riding and took a carriage ride. We also got to pet lots of animals at the farm zoo. Mary Lyndsey kept walking around asking "Is your mama a llama?"

We swam in the pool and the kids had a water balloon fight.

We enjoyed a picnic and fireworks for the Fourth of July, and had some good quality family time. Greg and I even managed to sneak in a movie. It was a great weekend.
I'll be back home tomorrow for a short weekend before heading to dog camp with Spencer. 
I'll be sure to post then. Hope you are all having a great week.

7 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Sounds like you all are having a blast. Science camp sounds awesome!

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the new family member! :)

Be safe!
stephanie

Kelley said...

And all I've been doin' is layin' in the hammock! Thanks for sharing the highlights of your week, it sounds like you had a blast.

I am sorry to hear about Spencer though, I will keep praying for all of you. I can't imagine how frightening that must be, Amy. I admire your faith and courage sooo much!!

Enjoy your weekend girl and I can't wait to hear what you are up to next....

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. My folks live near Hiawassee, GA, and it's a beautiful place to be.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Glad to know you are having a ball! The photos are great! I always forget to pull the camera out when we are having so much fun.

Praying for Spencer. Be safe and can't wait to see the photos of the new doggie.

Kimberly said...

What a fantastic time of sweet memories! I am so sorry Spencer has had two seizures this week. I will continue to pray.

Thanks for sharing all of your fantastic fun! I know your kids will treasure this time they have had with family and at the camp!

Love and blessings,
K

Janet Roller said...

I love the pictures!
-Janet

Carol said...

Fun, fun, fun!! I am loving the pictures. I hope you frame some of those!