I have several random things to share with you today. Nothing deep or profound, but maybe at least interesting.
1. Let me direct you to the new button on my side bar for Epilepsy Advocate. My friend Carol's husband Alan made it for me. If you would like to get the word out about a great support site for those living with epilepsy, please copy the code and add it to your side bar. It doesn't hurt that the adorable boy pictured is none other than my little miracle Spencer. You could also just add it to your sidebar to remind yourself to please lift him up in prayer.
2. I received an email about a new movie coming out from Sherwood Pictures and Provident Films. These are the people who made Facing The Giants from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga. It is called Fireproof and is coming out this fall. Kirk Cameron will star in this film. Go here to see more info. We need to support great family friendly, faith based movies like these.
3. Go here if you would like to see the interview Spencer and I did along with Jennifer Arnold from Canine Assistants for Voice of America. You can read the article or click on listen on MP3 at the top and get to hear my lovely southern drawl. I've been told it is melodious :)
4. I've been tagged by Andrea at Mommy Snacks and by Jenifer at By His Grace to list 7 Random Facts about me and 5 interesting things including 5 things I was doing 10 years ago, 5 things on my to do list, 5 of my favorite snacks, 5 things I would do if I were a billionaire, and 5 bad habits. I promise I will do these tags before the weekend. I just need to think about them a little more. It's one of the things on my to do list... so I only have to list 4 more.
5. I have to tell you that last night I skipped the Ladie's Spring Event at my church where Esther Burroughs was the speaker and By Design was singing. My friend Deanna sings with By Design, and I had never heard Esther Burroughs before, so I was kind of bummed. But let me tell you why I skipped it. I went to dinner with Greg Grunberg and some other Epilepsy Advocates. It was really cool. And no... he didn't read my mind... at least I don't think he did. Although he did know exactly what I meant when we had a discussion about our children and epilepsy. That is kind of like reading my mind :) He and his wife are living it too (their son Jake has epilepsy) and they can totally relate.
And I am bummed that we have to wait until September to see more new Heroes episodes. But... LOST (which Grunberg was cast as the pilot when the series aired in 2004) will return tomorrow night... as will I.
Now if I could just manage dinner with Matthew Fox (whom I have loved since Party of Five) I would be so happy.