Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a party - and other random things!

I know I haven't been around the last few days. It's been kind of crazy here. We had ML's party on Saturday and the girls had a blast. We enjoyed having family here and ML loved all of her new gifts.

You might remember I prayed that Spencer wouldn't have any seizures on Saturday during the party. Well, he didn't have any on Saturday... but he had one on Friday night, two on Sunday and three yesterday. We finally got an appointment with the doctor sooner. You might recall we had been praying for a quicker appointment. We had moved from Oct. 27 to Oct. 1. Today they called and moved us from Oct. 1 to tomorrow. I know prayer works, and I thank all of you who prayed for us to get in to see the doctor sooner. Now I'm asking you to please pray for the appointment to go well and for us to make good decisions on how to move forward with his treatment. (and you can always pray for no more seizures!)

I don't have much time to post tonight, but I wanted to share these pics from the birthday party. Also, I'm sorry I didn't get around to everyone's post on TSMS Saturday. Like I said, it's been crazy here. I usually try to visit everyone, so if you were new this week, (there were several of you) and I didn't get by, I'm sorry. I'm so glad everyone who joined in did, and I hope you will all come back next Saturday. I think we had an all time high on TSMS this past weekend. I'm thinking of doing another give away when I get to 50 people. Ya'll spread the word!

Blessings to you all,
Amy

17 comments:

Darlene said...

I understand how crazy things can be. I haven't been in blog world hardly since Andrea left for colleg in Aug. Computer problems and then life things. I am trying to get back in tune with everyone. I have missed everyone so much.
So glad the appointment was moved up. God is still in the miracle business. I am praying for your precious family.
Sweet Blessings,
Darlene

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

OK, that could NOT be any cuter! Seriously, ballerina tutus! Adorable!!! I'll be praying for Spencer!

Skoots1moM said...

What a great idea for a party...they were so cute! And, I love the sombraro pics...these will be cute on her locker when she's a senior! What fun.
Continuing to pray for ya'll

(For some reason during this comment, the song "TAKE IT ALL" keeps running through my head...

Jesus, we're living for your name
we'll never be ashamed of you
all praise, and all we are today...
take, take, take it all, take, take, take it all!!

You may have never heard it...it's one we sing in our youth group with our small christian rock band...the kids love it. I recently downloaded it to be my ringtone...now, when I'm walking through Walmart and my cell rings,
their voices ring out, JESUS, WE're LIVING FOR YOUR NAME!

have a great day tomorrow!
Happy Belated birthday, Mary Lindsey
Give Spencer and hug and Lucia a pat for me...

Carol Davis said...

Law...she is the cutest!

Janet Roller said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe how big little Miss Mary Lyndsey is! I'm glad the party went well.
They were TU TU cute.
-Janet

Runner Mom said...

Hey, Amy! I will be praying!! Bless your hearts!!

Precious, precious pics!
Love ya,
Susan

LAURIE said...

Amy,
I can see how God is working in you and thru you. Praise God on moving the appointment up.

I have a prayer blog in addition to my regular blog and would like to add your family to the prayer list. You can check the blog out at:

http://wmfirstassemblyofgodprays.blogspot.com/

Let me know if it is alright to add your family.

-Blessings, Laurie

Jenifer said...

Looks like it was a fun party! Praying for all of you and the doctors. Keep us posted.

Blessings,
Jenifer

Carol said...

Love the pictures!!! Faith had a blast at the party!

Debra Kaye said...

How much fun does this party look! I'm so glad the appt is moved up and I pray his doctors are guided with Heavenly wisdom.

Blessings to you.

Cheri said...

She is just so beautiful! Glad the birthday went so well!

I'll be praying for the Dr.'s appt. to go smoothly and that you'll make wise decisions on Spencer's treatment.

I'm so thankful to know you.

Love ya, Cheri

Laurie Ann said...

What a praise for the earlier doctor's appointment! I will continue to pray for Spencer, and your little ballerina is ADORABLE!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Party looks like a blast. I want you to know that I am praying for your family and for Spencer. I can not imagine what it must be like to live with this day in and out, but each time I read your blog I am blessed as you hang tight to God's words. Today, if you have a moment read Joshua 1:9

Missy said...

Awesome!! Eva Rose just told me today that she wants a ballerina party when she is five!

Sorry I did not get to look for your bows - we had kinda a big storm down here, maybe you saw it on the news?

Chaotic Joy said...

She's beautiful Amy. Thanks for the update. I haven't been around much in blogerville lately. I'm still praying.

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!!
Adorable,ballerina tutus!!!
Very cute.
Love the pictures.
Un saludo

Kimberly said...

How beautiful your little girl is! And how blessed she is to have you as her mommy!

Love and prayers,
K