Warning: This is a long post... but hang in there till the end and I promise it will be worth it. I promised fabulous prizes didn't I?
Wow... I made it to 100! And it only took me 8 months to do it :)
The first thing I would like to do is thank my friend Carol's husband Alan (and Carol too) for creating my new blog look. I love it. I hope you like it too.
Since this is my 100th post, we are going to celebrate with lots of "100's."
First... Let's celebrate with Psalm 100.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness;
Come before him with joyful songs. Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people,
the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name, For the Lord is good
and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Doesn't that just get you in the mood to celebrate?!
Next, a lot of people write 100 things about themselves for their 100th post, instead I am going to write 100 things about God. I've been studying Psalms and I am amazed by all the things God does for us. If you ever wonder how awesome God is... just go back and read through the Psalms. This is just the first 100 things listed... He is so much more!
1. He is a shield around us.
2. He bestows glory on us.
3. He lifts up our head.
4. He answers us.
5. He sustains us.
6. He delivers us.
7. He gives us relief from distress.
8. He sets apart the godly for himself.
9. He hears us when we call to Him.
10. He fills our heart with joy.
11. He lets us lie down and sleep in peace.
12. He makes us dwell in safety.
13. He leads us in righteousness.
14. He spreads His protection over us.
15. He blesses the righteous.
16. He is merciful to us.
17. He heals us.
18. He hears our weeping.
19. He accepts our prayers.
20. He rises up against our enemies.
21. He is a righteous judge.
22. He searches hearts and minds.
23. He is mindful of man and cares for him.
24. He crowns us with glory and honor.
25. He upholds our right and our cause.
26. He is a refuge for the oppressed.
27. He is a stronghold in times of trouble.
28. He never forsakes those who seek Him.
29. He does not ignore the cry of the afflicted.
30. He does not forget the helpless.
31. He is a helper of the fatherless.
32. He is King for ever and ever.
33. He encourages us.
34. He defends the fatherless and the oppressed.
35. He examines the righteous.
36. He keeps us safe.
37. His words are flawless.
38. He is good to us.
39. He looks down from Heaven for those who seek Him.
40. He will restore the fortunes of His people.
41. He assigns us our portion and our cup.
42. He gives us a delightful inheritance.
43. He counsels us.
44. He makes known the path of life.
45. He fills us with the joy of his presence.
46. He probes our hearts.
47. He tests us.
48. He shows us the wonder of his great love.
49. He keeps us as the apple of his eye.
50. He hides us in the shadow of his wings.
51. He rescues us from the wicked.
52. He is our strength and our rock.
53. He is our support.
54. He takes us to a spacious place.
55. He rewards us.
56. He shows himself faithful.
57. He shows himself blameless.
58. He shows himself pure.
59. He keeps our lamp burning.
60. He turns our darkness into light.
61. He helps us scale walls.
62. He arms us with strength.
63. He makes our way perfect.
64. He makes our feet like that of a deer.
65. He enables us to stand on heights.
66. He trains our hands for battle.
67. He gives us a shield of victory.
68. His right hand sustains us.
69. He stoops down to make us great.
70. He shows us unfailing kindness.
71. He revives our soul.
72. He keeps us from willful sins.
73. He is our Redeemer.
74. He answers when we are in distress and sends help.
75. He gives us the desires of our heart.
76. He makes all our plans succeed.
77. He gives us life.
78. He gives us eternal blessings.
79. He is our Shepherd.
80. He makes us lie down in green pastures.
81. He leads us beside quiet waters.
82. He restores our soul.
83. He guides us in paths of righteousness.
84. He walks with us through the valley of the shadow of death.
85. He comforts us.
86. He anoints our heads with oil and makes our cups overflow.
87. He allows us to dwell in His house forever.
88. He is the King of glory.
89. He never lets us be put to shame.
90. He shows us his ways and teaches us his paths.
91. He guides us in truth.
92. Our hope is in Him all day long.
93. He remembers us according to His love, not our sins.
94. He instructs us.
95. He makes his covenant known to us.
96. He is gracious to us.
97. He guards our life.
98. He is our light and salvation.
99. He hides us in His shelter and sets us on a rock.
100. He never forsakes us.
That just gets us through Psalm 29. I encourage you to keep going!
Last, I'm giving away $100 worth of prizes:
A $25 Target Gift Card,
A $25 Lifeway Gift Card,
A $25 Regal Gift Card,
A $10 Starbucks gift card with a signed copy of True Believer by Nick Sparks.
The Target card is so you can remember to always strive to hit the mark.
The Lifeway card is to remind you of Christ... He is the only Way to Life.
The Regal card is to remind you that you are royalty - a child of the King. It is also to encourage you to go enjoy a new movie coming out... Fireproof by Sherwood Pictures and Provident Films. Be sure to check out their blog. The movie is coming out this fall.
And who doesn't like a good book with a good cup of coffee or hot chocolate. I hope if you aren't already... you become a True Believer. If you aren't sure how to become a "True Believer" then please email me and I would love to introduce you the One who loves you so much that He died for you. He is the ultimate prize.
But how do you win the prizes I'm giving away you might ask? The last "100 celebration" is to try to get 100 "signs, miracles or wonders" linked to this post. Write a post about a sign, miracle or wonder in your life, then link your post to Mr. Linky below. Be sure to link to my site in your post too. If you don't blog, you can post a comment with your story in it. You must post between now and next Sunday, May 18. You can also just leave a comment to be eligible to win. I will draw randomly for two of the prizes from the comments and select from the stories for the other two prizes. I will announce the winners before midnight on Monday, May 19. Invite your friends to join in too.
I can't wait to write 100 more posts. I hope you will join me! Oh and don't forget to join in tomorrow for Then Sings My Soul Saturday! I promise to try to get to all of your songs this week :0)
Sweet Blessings to you!