Saturday, January 3, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday - You Are Good

I know I haven't been around much over the past few months, but November and December seem like a complete blur to me. Life just seemed to get out of control. Spencer's seizures and hospital visits increased. We all got a terrible virus that was going around and it took almost three weeks to run it's course through the entire family. I teased my family that instead of the 12 days of Christmas, we had the 21 days of throw-up. (Sorry if that's TMI) The holidays and all of the busyness that surrounds them came. Somehow, blogging just got pushed to the back burner. I hope to do better in the New Year. We won't call it a resolution, but maybe a goal.
I've been thinking about goals over the past few days. I haven't really had time to sit down and write out what I would like my goals for 2009 to be, but a few things are rattling around up in my head. I started reading the Bible through again yesterday, of course beginning in Genesis. The thing that stood out to me most is Satan hasn't changed his method in all the time that has passed since he tricked Eve in the garden. He made her focus on something she didn't have rather than being thankful for what she did have. Oh how he does that still.
This year I want to focus on what God has already blessed me with. I want to take time to enjoy the great things he has placed in my life and thank Him for them. I want to remember with every breath I take, just how good He is.


"Lord, thank you for blessings my life with so many good things. Help me to seek You and your will first in everything in the coming year. Help me remember that You are good."


17 comments:

Deborah said...

Amy,
I appreciate so much your willingness to make this gathering available. I can't even imagine what you have been going through. Know that you & your family are being lifted in prayer. God is so good, even when circumstances aren't.
Deborah

Michele Williams said...

I'm so sorry you all have been ill. It's been a whirl wind for us as well. I pray that 2009 will be a better year for us all. Blessings to you dear friend.

~hon~ said...

I LOVE this song! I admire your faith. It is okay to be busy as long as it is for GOD and HIS people. You are blessed and you are a blessing, as well.

HAVE AN ABUNDANT 2009! P.U.S.H.

Debra Kaye said...

Amy,

"He is so good" has been my hearts call to the Lord these past few weeks. So much has happened in our family but through it all I can still look and see that He is so good. I was amazed when I saw you had posted this song. It sang to my spirit!

Thank you for hosting us today. I pray you are all feeling better! Hugs to you!

Mocha with Linda said...

I had never heard that song before. I love it! I was cringing just a little because I have a soapbox about folks only saying God is good when good things happen to them. . .and then it got to the last verse. Thanks for sharing that. Nicole Nordeman has some wonderful songs. I'm going to have to go get that one off of iTunes!

Sweet Blessings said...

My souls IS singing! Blessings to you! Amanda:)

Candy said...

Have a blessed Saturday!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

Amy, what a great message. Satan is still the same. Something I just needed to hear this morning.

Have a great week and I've certainly missed your posting but I understand!

Darlene said...

Beautiful song. I have never heard this before.

Anonymous said...

God IS good and His ways are good. I am so glad that I can rely on Him and trust my life (and those around me) in His hands.!

Robin said...

Happy New Year to All!! So glad to see this meme still going strong. It's been awhile for me, but I hope you all can stop by the new blog and check it out. May we all have a blessed New Year in Jesus! Hugs, Robin
http://girlforgod.wordpress.com
-this is where my post is :)

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry for all you have been going through, Amy. I pray you will have a Blessed New Year. Yes, we will still praise Him.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Sounds like life has been busy and rough over the holidays! Praying your 2009 is filled with peace and new brake throughs for your son!

Lois said...

I do not think I have visited your sight before. I did just enjoy being with you. I am new at blogging and leaving comments but as God directs I will be trying.
Lois

Cristine said...

Hey Amy - I'm always struck by Satan's schemes in the Genesis account, too. He's the master manipulator and so very good at appealing to our perceived "needs".

Geater contentment in Christ and the life He has worked out for me is one of my goals for 2009.

I'm thinking that if we truly have the attitude of Paul in Phil 4:11-13 - we'll be better able to resist the enemy's schemes.

Blessings!
Cristine

Karen said...

What a pretty song! I am truly grateful for Him holding my life in His Hands.

Christina said...

Beautiful song and video. How true these words are. Satan sure hasn't changed his style. Thank God for the many blessings we have.