Monday, April 21, 2008

Pictures from Chicago

Just wanted to share some pictures from our Chicago trip this past week. For those of you who have been asking... we will hopefully receive our dog this summer in July. We have to attend a two week training camp at Canine Assistants. We are really excited!


The dog in the pictures is Carly. She belongs to one of the trainers. They have several dogs that travel for their publicity events. We will meet the dog that will be selected for us when we attend training. They match the dogs with you based on personality.

Here is a link to one of the articles that was published. I hope to have a video link from the press conference up soon. We are still so overwhelmed and grateful for this news.

Thank you to those who have continued to lift Spencer up in prayer. We have been almost 4 weeks without a seizure!
I'll be back later!
Amy

11 comments:

ocean mommy said...

What a gift this will be...

Praising the Lord and asking for another seizure free day.....

steph.

Carol said...

I love the pictures!

DeAnna said...

This is going to be so great! I can't wait to see the bond that will develop between Spencer and his new companion.

Melanie said...

Hi, Amy. I had no idea they had companion dogs for children with epilepsy. I think this is so cool! I've always been a fan of seeing eye dogs and thought it would be great to raise one for the sole purpose of being someone's companion. I hope it all goes smoothly and your son has his shortly.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

very cool, I'm so glad it's been 4 weeks of no seizures!!! Praise God...I will keep praying and keep him on my list...I know others are praying too...

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Praising God for 4 weeks and counting!!!!! Whohooo!

Micca said...

Amy, God is doing wonderful things in your life and in Spencer's! While the new dog is an amazing gift, 4 weeks seizure free is tops!
I know you all are doing the happy dance at your house. I can hear the music from here and my toes are tapping along!
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
hugs,
Micca

Jenifer said...

praying for Spencer and for his new best friend in training :)

many blessings,
jenifer

Jenny said...

I know that will be so wonderful! He has got to be so excited!

Have a great week!
Jen

Kimberly said...

How exciting! Praying for you guys!
K :)

Renee Swope said...

I hopped over here from Micca's blog b/c I wanted to read your good news. Wow, what a praise!! I love the photos from the Dog assistant training and so glad to hear it went so well. Praising Him that that you have had so many days/weeks without Spencer having a seizure. God's joy radiates in your smile!

Blessings,
Renee