Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe that we are already one full week into the New Year! I thought things would slow down after Christmas but they seemed to have sped up instead. One of my goals this year is to try to post at least twice a week... (it may end up being only once, but I can hope) and since today is January 7, I am already behind. I hope that is not going to be how my entire year will be.

We had a wonderful Christmas! The kids have really enjoyed their gifts. Spencer got a Wii and our entire family has had fun playing it since Christmas morning. I might add that we started playing with it at 4:15am on Christmas morning because my kids were so excited to see what Santa had brought they couldn't wait any longer. So, we were riding a Princess Scooter around the house and bowling on the Wii by 4:30am that morning.

Before Christmas we traveled to South Carolina and visited family. It was a quick trip but a good time with good food - lots of good Bar B Q (the kind I can't get here in Georgia!)
Then we had a wonderful week after Christmas just hanging out. We played games, went to the movies, baked and just had good quality family time. Spencer also turned 8 on Dec. 29. I can't believe he is 8 years old already. Talk about time flying. We had a family party already but he won't have his party with his friends until Jan. 19. It's too hectic to try to plan something for his birthday the week after Christmas.

We started back to school today and I must say that it was tough to come back to reality. We definitely had re-entry problems. But, it was nice to be back into a routine too. I am looking forward to everything that God has in store for us for this new year. I'll keep you "posted" on all of it.

Sweet Blessings,
Amy

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

It's good to see you back here!!

Spencer had us in stitches Sunday night in choir. He was SO excited about the musical, and High School musical 3, and everything Disney! We were cracking up. I love this kid. :)

Hope you are all well and get back into the routine without to many meltdowns. :) We had a few around here!!

blessings,
steph.

Carol said...

I am hearing a chorus of angels singing! You blogged!!!! Way to go girl! Keep it up. I say that and I haven't blogged in a week!

ocean mommy said...

Hi!

There is something for you at my blog.