Friday, February 18, 2011

Then Sings My Soul Saturday


I've tried three times to copy the embed code from Kutless "What Faith Can Do" and for some reason it keeps kicking me out of blogger - so I don't have a video today - but here are the lyrics.

Everybody falls sometimes Gotta find the strength to rise From the ashes and make a new beginning

Anyone can feel the ache You think it’s more than you can take But you're stronger, stronger than you know

Don’t you give up now The sun will soon be shining You gotta face the clouds To find the silver lining

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains Hope that doesn’t ever end Even when the sky is falling

I’ve seen miracles just happen Silent prayers get answered Broken hearts become brand new That’s what faith can do

It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard Impossible is not a word It’s just a reason for someone not to try

Everybody’s scared to death When they decide to take that step Out on the water It’ll be alright

Life is so much more Than what your eyes are seeing You will find your way If you keep believing

I’ve seen dreams that move the mountains Hope that doesn’t ever end Even when the sky is falling

I’ve seen miracles just happen Silent prayers get answered Broken hearts become brand new That’s what faith can do

But, I chose that song because the words have spoken so strongly to me this week.

It's been a very challenging week. My Dad had some complications with his lung cancer this week and has been in the hospital with pneumonia. They moved him to ICU today and have decided not to start his chemo until he gets stronger - if he gets stronger. It's happening much faster than we thought. My mom and my dad could definitely use your prayers.

Also my mother in law goes into the hospital Monday morning for brain surgery. They are placing a deep brain stimulator implant in to help stop her tremors. And Spencer will be in the hospital from Wednesday to Friday next week for a routine VEEG for his epilepsy. We are little overwhelmed this week. So... I'm depending on what my faith can do.

Blessings,

Amy








11 comments:

Momrempel said...

Oh my goodness Amy, definitely praying for you and your entire family at this time. What an encouraging song. It has been a source of strength and encouragement for me too, many times in the last year! Be blessed!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh my, Amy. What a heavy burden you are bearing right now. Praying that Jesus will be your strength, and like my song says, that He will part your waters!

Unknown said...

I will be praying for your family this week Amy! It sure does sound like a lot of scary things are going on for you guys. Praying for God's strength and comfort and hand in the lives of the doctor's and nurses and staff and family and friends!

Cathy said...

Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry about all that's happening. Praying for you all ~ Hugs ~

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I love that song! Thanks for sharing!

Praying for you and your family. May God give you peace this week and may He perform miracles beyond your understanding.

(((Hugs)))

Raine said...

I'll look up that song. ☺ The lyrics have intrigued me. Btw, I apologize for the previous links. I didn't realize what Mister Linky was before and I haven't encountered something like this too. Opps. I've entered correctly everything now. Lolz. Happy weekend. Thank you for creating this. ☺

Karen said...

Amy, I am praying for you now and will continue to lift up your family this week. The song I posted is for you. Jesus will be your strength. He loves you more than words can say.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Amy...bless your heart. Prayers of comfort, strength and love are being sent up for you and your family. Know that His Grace is there...always.

Thank you for being you and sharing your faith and love with all those who come upon your way.

Blessings and love,
Lynn♥

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

Will keep you in prayer coming week! That God will strenghten you and give you peace that passes all understanding in this trying time!

Ladynred said...

It's beautiful song! Sorry about you challenging week. I will be praying for your loveones. Bless you!
Beautiful one

Misty said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful song.. Your family will be in my prayers!

Blessings,
Misty