Friday, October 16, 2009

Then Sings My Soul Saturday - Mercy Me

Though He slay me, I will hope in Him.
Job 13:15
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:24-26
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. He saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18
I heard this song on the radio today. It's a little older, but it speaks to me everytime I hear it. There are so many people hurting, despairing, ready to give up.
Please don't give up hope. The Lord is near.



Have a blessed weekend.

Amy



9 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I needed to hear this tonight...the scriptures blessed me, too....

Mary said...

That is a very touching video, Amy...so many people are hurting. We just don't know the heartache that is going on around the world, but the message you gave is true...Jesus is near and He cares.

Sorry about having my name on the list twice...the first one goes to a weird blogger page, so I did it again, and it worked.

God bless,
Mary

seesawfaith said...

We referenced the same scripture this week! God is soooo cool!

Unknown said...

Amen for this wonderful hymn.. I am glad that I was able to visit here and have the chance to join in this meme..

It always strengthens us to fellowship with each other through hymns and singing..

http://pinkyshelo.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Great song - love that message!

JLaine said...

amen! very encouraging!

Peggy said...

Blessings Amy...Love Mercy Me and HOLD FAST definitely brings us to that place of HOPE! JOB needed that and your words are so true & so many need to Hold Fast! Thanks for sharing as the radio prompted you...love it!
May you have a blessed weekend and enJOY TSMSS!!!

Debbie said...

This was wonderful. I love this idea and have wandered all over this morning listening to all the uplifting songs of praise. I joined for the first time this morning as I found soo many songs wandering through my heart to share. Thanks for doing this, it's wonderful. Blessings to you, Debbie

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love this song, I was thinking
about posting it, I love Mercy me. I had never watched the video, It is a blessing .
~Myrna Lee