Sunday, October 7, 2007

Things to Do, Places to Go, People to See







Ok, I know I haven't posted in like 10 days, but I warned you. October is like starting at the top of the mountain and rolling down picking up speed until the end of the year. We have been extremely busy. Both of my advocate events went well. I spoke to a training class at UCB Headquarters on Monday and got to share Spencer's story. People always ask how we made it through that situation. I love it when they do because I get to tell them about my faith.


On Wednesday, I was at a studio filming a webisode that will be on the Epilepsy Advocate website in November. I will post when it airs so everyone can check it out. After going through wardrobe, hair and make-up and sitting in front of cameras for 6 or 7 hours, trying to answer questions for an interview that will last 1 hour and hearing "Cut - She has a fly away hair or her makeup is shiny", I've determined that all teenage girls should be forced to attend a photo or video shoot to see that people don't really look like they do in pictures or on TV. It is all an illusion. Except for the 10 pounds heavier I looked on camera. That part was unfortunately real.


Last Thursday we had Mary Lyndsey's birthday party at Build a Bear. She had a great time and when we got home it looked like Christmas in our living room with all of the toys. (I told you Christmas was popping up everywhere). We also celebrated her birthday on Saturday in Greenville with my family and Greg's family. Greg's family has the tradition of the birthday person picking the restaurant we go to to celebrate. Mary Lyndsey picked Olive Garden. No arguments from me. She is a girl after my own heart. My parents and grandmother met us too. My mom made Mary Lyndsey a Barbie Doll Birthday Cake. She loved it. Picture is above but I couldn't figure out how to flip it. Just turn your head sideways LOL.


On Friday afternoon, I went Apple Picking at Niven's Apple Farm in Greenville with my good friend Alicia. I should say we went to the Apple Farm to take pictures. There were no apples to be picked. The drought and weather has gotten to all of them. But, we got some really cute pictures. (Also above, because I couldn't figure out how to move them and I got frustrated.)


Spencer did not win his election on Friday but seemed to be okay with it. We had many discussions prior to the election that if he didn't win it just meant that God had something better planned for him. If I could always remember this lesson when I don't get what I want it would be great. Many of the things I am trying to teach my children, I am still trying to learn myself.


I am working on my children's book to take to the Glorietta Christian Writer's Conference Oct 16-21. That is the other reason I haven't posted. I've been trying to write as much as possible. Wish my luck and pray for me that I can learn the lesson mentioned above if nothing comes of this little adventure.


I have lots more to say, but will save it for a future post. It's late and I need to get to bed so I can get up early and not be late for church in the morning (That was for you Amanda).
Sweet Blessings,
Amy









2 comments:

Carol said...

Phew! I'm feeling the crunch of the month as well. Glorieta...here we come!! Georgia gals will take New Mexico by storm. Gotta go so I can also be on time for church.LOL!
Carol

ocean mommy said...

Wow, you've been busy!!

I'm praying for you and Carol as you prepare for Glorieta. With all my heart I believe God has something special there for you both.

stephanie